This Keto Queso Fundido with Chorizo is a stellar low-carb appetizer that will be a party favorite! Serve with chips or veggies.
This Queso Fundido with Chorizo recipe is sponsored by our friends at Kiolbassa Smoked Meats. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Cast Iron Keto and our 1% back initiative possible.
Guys, if there was ever a recipe you need to make ASAP, it’s this Queso Fundido with Chorizo skillet It’s the PERFECT blend of ooey gooey melty cheese, smoky + spicy Mexican chorizo, and some peppers and onions for extra flavor.
We adore Kiolbassa and we think that’s pretty clear at this point. They have really shown up for their community this year through their Links of Love program where they have committed to feeding those in need by donating 10,000 pounds of sausage per month to fight food insecurity and to respond to disasters. We share this commitment to food justice, if you didn’t know here at Cast Iron Keto, we donate 1% of our profits to organizations fighting for food equality.
We LOVE their products, they’re simply delicious, made in small batches, and gluten-free.
Ingredients in Queso Fundido with Chorizo
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 6 ounces cooked Kiolbassa chorizo, casing removed
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced (or poblano pepper )
- 1-2 jalapeño, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 lbs Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- Cilantro, for topping
These super easy Keto Grilling Recipes can be made in a cast-iron grill pan or on your standard gas, wood-fired, or charcoal grill!
Most of the recipes here on Cast Iron Keto are grill or campfire friendly, that’s just the nature of cooking with cast-iron. However, the recipes below are truly grilling recipes and can be made with a grill-pan either indoors or directly on a grill or just straight up on the grill. Don’t you just love versatility?
Need a good cast-iron grill pan? We love this budget-conscious option from Lodge, this slightly more expensive but gorgeous middle-of-the-road option from Le Creuset, and this heirloom-worthy splurge option from FINEX.
GRILLED SHRIMP SALSA AVOCADOS
These Grilled Shrimp Salsa Stuffed Avocados are a perfect summertime meal! Part cucumber Pico de Gallo, part shrimp salad, part grilled avocado you’re going to LOVE this low-carb recipe! [CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE]
GRILLED TRI-TIP WITH AVOCADO CHIMICHURRI
Juicy steak + the most delicious herb-packed sauce makes this recipe a grill lover’s dream. [CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE]
FETA STUFFED GRILLED PORTOBELLOS
These Keto Mediterranean Stuffed Mushrooms are bursting with bright flavors from an antipasto feta filling. These are a great low-carb appetizer! [CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE]
GRILLED SHRIMP BRUSCHETTA
This Grilled Shrimp Bruschetta is a great versatile recipe that’s gluten-free, Keto, low-carb, and packed with summer flavor. [CLICK…
This Keto Chicken Piccata recipe has crunchy chicken and the most delicious lemon caper sauce. All topped off with a generous amount of shaved parmesan. It’s the perfect low-carb one-pan dinner!
Keto Chicken Piccata = heaven in a skillet. Seriously, it’s SO good and so comforting. This classic dish is super easy to make and can be on your table in less than 30 minutes. It will quickly become a family favorite.
History of Chicken Piccata
Piccata is a word that describes a preparation method. In this case, meat pounded flat then sauteed in a sauce of butter, lemon, and parsley. Traditionally, Italian Piccata uses veal whereas the Americanized versions most often use chicken. There’s a debate as to where the dish originated but it’s obviously Italian with a strong Italian immigrant influence.
Ingredients you’ll need to make this Keto Chicken Piccata recipe
For the breading & chicken:
- whey protein isolate = the crunchiest chicken EVER! We realized that whey protein made the best breading that’s low-carb and gluten-free when we were writing our cookbook.
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper – we love this black pepper from Diaspora Co. It’s fruity and bold and oh so perfect. Plus, what’s better than supporting organic farmers directly with a living wage and healthcare?
- Italian seasoning
- chicken cutlets – or chicken breasts pounded out into 1/2″ thickness
For frying and the sauce:
- olive oil – our go-to is Braggs but we also have loved Brightland and Oracle lately.
- unsalted butter – unsalted, always, so that you can control the amount of salt in the dish
- yellow onion
- garlic – fresh, never packaged + pre-minced
- dry white wine – a…
This Keto Broiled Salmon is quick and easily made on a sheet pan resulting in a mess-free kitchen and stove!
Broiled salmon = less mess than frying on the stovetop + it’s easy to cook many fillets at once. We love broiling salmon fillets for quick meal-prep options that last a few days and our cast-iron sheet pan comes in perfectly handy. Whereas you can maybe pan fry two fillets at once, a sheet pan can do at least 6 so it’s great for larger families and those of us who like leftovers!
A note on sheet pans
Don’t have a cast-iron sheet pan? No worries! You can grab one for a few bucks here, or you can use a broiler-safe sheet pan that you already have on hand.
For this recipe, we’ve used our basic lemon herb marinade but you can also keep it simple and just drizzle the fillets with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper before broiling. You can also come up with your own marinade option. Let your freak flavor flag fly.
Keto Broiled Salmon
This Keto Broiled Salmon is quick and easily made on a sheet pan resulting in a mess-free kitchen and stove!!
Print Rate Pin Recipe
Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill minced
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
This Nutritional Yeast Salad Dressing is a nutrient-dense way to liven up any salad! It’s gluten free, low-carb, and vegan!
This Nutritional Yeast Salad Dressing is sponsored by our friends at Bob’s Red Mill. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Cast Iron Keto and our mission possible.
We’ve got a few simple recipes like this Nutritional Yeast Salad Dressing on CIK in our Back to Basics Series and this one may just be our favorite! This homemade dressing is packed with flavor, is endlessly creamy, and goes with so many things. Think of the flavor somewhere between a tahini dressing and caesar dressing. YUM!
We are so in love with nutritional yeast. Typically, we’re sprinkling it over avocado toast, salads, or even soups but this dressing is our new favorite way to use it. It’s perfect for making even the most simple salad ingredients feel a bit elevated.
We keep a jar on hand for easy salads during the week and it’s also a great dip for fresh-cut veggies.
A lot of the dressings out there that use nutritional yeast are oil free, and while that’s great, it’s not so great for the Keto diet where you really need those healthy fats. A good quality extra-virgin olive oil makes sure this dressing is not only silky smooth but also loaded with healthy fats.
Read the full post for all the details!
Ingredients in nutritional yeast salad dressing
This easy Keto Shrimp Scampi recipe is ready in just 20 minutes! Serve it up with cauliflower rice or low-carb pasta for one delicious dinner.
This Keto Shrimp Scampi is the .com. It’s packed with garlic, lemon, olive oil, and Parmesan. This one-pan recipe will quickly become a go-to in your weeknight dinner rotation. You thought 30-minute dinner recipes were great, wait until you try 20
Some shrimp scampi recipes tend to use chicken broth when that luscious sauce should only be made from 4 things:
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- white wine
Adding broth to the scampi is a no-go unless you’re wanting to make this recipe alcohol-free. Then it’s a great swap.
Ingredients in Keto Shrimp Scampi
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (see notes below on how to make it dairy-free)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced (we like yellow onions here)
- 4 cloves minced garlic (always fresh, never pre-minced)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (we’re in love with this Diaspora Co. Aranya Pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup dry white wine (such as a pinot grigio)
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and peeled (we like to leave the tails intact)
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, for garnish (see notes below for dairy-free options)
How to make Keto Shrimp Scampi
- Place the olive oil and butter in a 10″ or larger cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
This Sticky Sesame Cauliflower is a great plant-based Asian-inspired recipe that’s perfect for low-carb and keto diets since it’s sugar-free!
If you love sesame chicken you’re going to swoon over this Sticky Sesame Cauliflower recipe! It has the most perfect sticky sesame sauce that’s completely sugar-free. Even if you’re usually not a fan of cauliflower, we can guarantee you’re going to love this recipe.
This sesame sauce base is one we work off of all the time, we have to say that we think we’ve pretty much perfected it at this point after 10 years of recipe development experience. It reminds us so much of the sesame sauce you’d get at your local Chinese restaurant. It’s comforting, delicious, and best of all – works with a variety of dietary preferences and needs.
We’ve made sure that all of the ingredients provide that classic flavor so you won’t find ingredients like maple syrup in our sesame sauce (obvi since this is a keto recipe website but also because that’s not how you make sesame anything ).
Looking for a Keto Sesame Chicken recipe? Check out our cookbook or swap in chicken for the cauliflower in this recipe! Chicken thighs are best by breasts work too.
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 10 ounces) – you can save a bit of time and mess by using pre-cut florets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch – you can also use arrowroot or tapioca starch
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper – this is key, don’t skip it
- ¼ cup avocado oil – or another high-heat safe oil for frying the cauliflower
- ⅓ cup tamari – or regular soy sauce if not gluten-free, you can also use coconut…
This Keto Cheeseburger Soup is total perfection. With all the cheese, crispy bacon, and classic cheeseburger toppings, you just can’t go wrong. Your family will love it!
We love a good soup here at CIK and this Keto Cheeseburger Soup is our new favorite. It’s loaded with ground beef, cheese, bacon 🥓, onion, dill pickles, and a few other goodies.
Think of this soup a bit like our Keto Queso Chicken Soup but with burger flavors instead of Mexican. It’s still as cheesy and luscious though all without the need for xanthan gum to thicken. The cheese takes care of that We love this soup!
Also, what’s better than a recipe that’s done in around 30 minutes? It’s the perfect weeknight keto-friendly recipe.
Here is all you need to know about how to make, store, and eat this Keto Cheeseburger Soup!
Ingredients in Keto Cheeseburger Soup
- 8 slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons reserved bacon fat
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 lbs ground beef (or chicken broth or veggie broth if that’s what you have)
- sea salt, 2 teaspoons or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 8 oz dill pickles, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 4 dill pickle spears)
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups beef bone broth
- 1 (14.5-oz can) diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-oz can) can tomato sauce
- 4 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into small blocks
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings (ideas below!)
How to make Keto Cheeseburger Soup
- Place a 5-quart cast-iron Dutch…
This easy Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup has half of the net carbs as the famous Panera version. Made on the stove-top in a cast-iron Dutch oven, this soup is ready in under 30 minutes. We also give instructions on how to make this in an Instant Pot or slow cooker as well as how to freeze, store, and reheat. This low-carb soup can also be made vegan/dairy-free.
Who doesn’t love a big bowl of comforting soup? This Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup is exactly that, comforting. It reminds us of the classic steakhouse or cafe version everyone knows and loves. Below we’ll compare our recipe’s net carbs to Panera’s. Who do you think comes out on top??
First, let’s get to the ins and the outs of the recipe!
Ingredients in Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, diced (about 200 grams)
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about 84 grams)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups half and half, or heavy whipping cream
- 16 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum (optional, to thicken)
- Extra shredded cheddar, to garnish (optional)
How to make Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Heat a 5-quart cast-iron Dutch oven over medium heat. Once hot, add butter along with the onion and celery. Cook for 4-5 minutes until starting to soften. Add in the garlic, cayenne pepper and mustard powder and cook until fragrant, about 30…
This Crack Slaw Recipe is keto, low-carb, gluten-free, and vegan optional. Made in one pan with just a few simple ingredients, you’ll have a crunchy side on your plate in no time! Our version is a bit different than Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl as this is a side without protein – we do give tips on how to turn this into a main dish though!
We have a Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe on Cast Iron Keto but you guys keep asking for a Keto Crack Slaw. While doing our research, it seems that crack slaw is typically what we call a Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl so we decided to put a spin on this recipe and make it more of a side and less of a main dish.
Don’t worry though, we give tips below on how to bulk this up if you’re in need of protein. Otherwise, this is a great keto friendly side dish that goes with a ton of low carb dinners. Try it with a steak, broiled salmon, or in a bowl-style meal for a full dinner.
What is crack slaw?
That’s the debate isn’t it? Whether you call it Egg Roll in a Bowl or crack slaw, the consensus seems to be that crack slaw is a stir fry type of dish that uses cabbage, protein, and Asian flavors.
People call it “crack slaw” since it can be pretty addicting we guess? Sort of like our keto crack chicken 🤤
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or any other high heat cooking oil but avoid cooking with olive oil at high temperatures)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced (freshly minced as…